2006-05-27

Freedom and J-Ska

I. Senseless Post ...well, almost II. The world would be boring without YouTube I. Senseless Post...well, almost We found a stray love bird at school yesterday. This is one lazy bird. Or maybe it really is the DLS-C environment that makes everyone lazy. Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us I think I'd rather have a bird as a pet. They make nice sounds (well most of domestic bird species) and not that messy. II. The world would be boring without YouTube I tried a search for Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra at YouTube. I found a couple of videos. I just love this band, I can't get enough. They're a must for Ska lovers (calling Ms. Dianne!!). Here's my favorite track: I want that upright electric bass. Maybe I should start learning Nihongo so I know what the lyrics mean. I searched for it but I can't find a translation (only for the title). At least I can somehow sing with it. "Utsukushiku moeru mori" means "a beautiful burning forest". It's so hard to search for stuff for this band even if they've been around for more than twenty years. I got lucky and got to download a complete collection. It sucks that it's so hard to get rare CDs here. I even had to buy Four Play's last record from the US and Marcus Miller's "Tales" from HK. Other clips that I liked:



iRant has moved. Click here.

5 Comments:

At 6/01/2006 09:24:00 AM, Blogger Kiat~Kiat said...

its not the first time that a bird such as that is caught in our campus..hehe..before it was a beautiful yellow african love bird..hehe..
Love bird as a pet?its a good choice! try it..The most I had were 10 pairs of them at our backyard!

 
At 6/03/2006 03:03:00 PM, Blogger JP Loh said...

I'd like to have a parrot or a cockatoo. I want a bird who'll get to see me die or know who will be the hitman to end my life. Ha ha!

 
At 6/09/2006 04:02:00 PM, Blogger rubysoho said...

yup. mahirap nga makahanap ng mga records dito. talagang aasa ka sa bootleg. meron ako mga kakilalang distroes sa san pablo and pacita, they cater to punk/hc/ska/metal/emo/jazz/triphop blahblah. if you're interested, hahanapin ko yung luma kong address book. ahehehe. in the meantime i have some trad-ska records na mahirap makita dito, baka trip mo din yung mga espanyol na skankers.

 
At 6/09/2006 04:12:00 PM, Blogger rubysoho said...

hehe. kamukha ni manny pacquaio yung bokalista nung J-ska band. katunog nila yung hepcat.

 
At 6/09/2006 05:46:00 PM, Blogger JP Loh said...

I have a copy of Ska-P's Planet Eskoria (Espanyol Skankers). I'm looking for older records by them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home