2006-06-03

Audiophilia and Geekness

I. Treasure II. Your Friendly Neighborhood iUG III. I'm a geek. Are you? IV. Fun with Templates I. Treasure Some stuff that I got in the past days. Civilization IV My productivity is doomed. I loved this game so much, I bought it even if my laptop can't run it and I barely use the desktop that can. Sid Meier still kicks ass. Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Sitti's "Café Bossa" with a [fake] autograph, all the tracks are great! This is a must-buy for Jazz lovers. I kept on hearing this on the radio but I thought it was some concert or something until I saw her perform at the Ortigas park. I've heard great reviews from friends so I bought it without hesitation at a concert at Megamall for PhP290. Is it the same price from the record bars right now? Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us I saved the best for last. Apple's iPod Photo 40GB Jedi Edition. Jedi Edition because it has a light sabre accross the screen! Bought it at TipidPC with a Belkin FM Transmitter. I originally wanted the transmitter because I could plug it to any device with a 3.5mm socket and I liked the brand (I bought a KVM switch of the same brand) but the guy was selling it for over two grand. I saw other sellers at eBay with cheaper offers but they weren't responding so I took the bargain. I'll be moving all my audio files to the iPod and keep a copy on another machine so I could regain the ~20GB hard disk space on my laptop. Here's a closer look: Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us The 40GB iPod Photo Jedi Edition playing 'way 'cross Georgia by David Sanborn. II. Your Friendly Neighborhood iUG Since I now own an iPod, I have this curiosity. Is there such thing as an iPod user group? <searches Google> Oh there is. If nobody from the country has started one, I'd like to start one and call it Philippine Users' Group for iPodLinux (PUGI). Changed iPod to iPodLinux. I'm still thinking when I could reformat it. iTunes sucks. It doesn't seem to read tags correctly and the Library and synching is messy. III. I'm a geek. Are you? Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Only a geek will find this funny or corny. If you don't get it. You're not a geek. My laptop; with a quad-core setup: Intel Centrino, AMD Sempron and an Athlon64 X2!! Designed to run Windows XP and works fine with GNU/Linux. The second Athlon64 badge made it look fake. I want to remove it but it might leave a sticky mark (like the old ATI badge that is now occupied by the Sempron). I wonder where I could get a GNU/Linux badge. IV. Fun with Templates Tonight was the only time that I made noticable changes to my blog's template in ages. If you click on the comments link, it'll "draw" an inline frame with the comments page instead of moving to the comments page. I'm still looking for a better way of doing this because it looks crowded with that small frame and the page not fitting inside. I added a Yahoo! IM link for a few days but it wasn't that discreet. When I'm online, it says, "Send me a message". I just wanted the dead smiley when I'm offline and the big-ass smile smiley when I'm online. I removed the Stickam thing because it was large and completely useless since I never go on cam.

iRant has moved. Click here.

1 Comments:

At 6/05/2006 12:34:00 AM, Blogger Dweky said...

Para sa akin, certified stress reliever yung mga songs ni sitti, nakakarelax pakinggan eh

hmmm...

I think ur "quad-core" laptop can run Sid Meier's Civilization... hehehe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home