2006-04-02

Joyrides on the Information Highway

I. Extra Joss II. Attack of the Clones III. Shuriken Music IV. Gold Digger I. Extra Joss I'm now contributing to the Folding@home project. Currently, there are three processors under my username. I'm under Team 2291 (Philippines). I actually thought of doing this before but didn't gather enough human energy for a couple of clicks and typing. I checked out SETI@home too, but I thought that the project was stopped already. Too late to switch now, all that energy was consumed already. I'll be installing the clients to my dad's and sister's laptop. II. Attack of the Clones Dad bought an MP4 player for my sister and now I know what MP4 is and that the term "MP4" player is correct. I used to think that Asian manufacturers that immitated and improved portable compact MP3 players made it up, incrementing it by 1. Kinda fancy, it's just as small as a match box and plays video with built-in speakers too! This one kicked the iPod Video's ass pretty good, the only thing bad about it were the buttons and the UI. III. Shuriken Music Browsing around Wikipedia, I ended up reading more about Justin Frankel and checked out NINJAM, Frankel's post-Nullsoft projects.

NINJAM is a program to allow people to make real music together via the Internet. Every participant can hear every other participant. Each user can also tweak their personal mix to his or her liking. NINJAM is cross-platform, with clients available for Mac OS X[, GNU/Linux] and Windows.
One word, "panalo". IV. Gold Digger So yesterday was April Fool's Day and GMail's 2nd Year of operation. I was hoping that GDrive would've been launched yesterday. Didn't hear about anything but I did check if GDrive.com was alive. Returned nothing but decided to do a WHOIS on the domain. It turns out that it was registered to MarkMonitor. It looks like that Google hired these guys to "protect" the brand (while it's still in development or something ...hopefully).
Your corporate identity is fundamental to conducting business online. Your name, logos, trademarks, and brands are valuable assets that drive revenues, establish trust, and protect customer experience. MarkMonitor is the global leader in creating and protecting corporate identities on the Internet. We make the Internet safer for businesses and their customers with end-to-end solutions that address the growing threats of online fraud, brand abuse, and unauthorized channels.
Before I did the WHOIS, I actually had intentions of registering the domain before Google did. I guess they were already prepared. <disappointed>

iRant has moved. Click here.

1 Comments:

At 4/06/2006 12:45:00 AM, Blogger dom Dycaico said...

haha.. looks like your sister's mp4 player is a good one, my cousin's mp4 always have dos error, and do not have any built-in speakers... you are right about kicking iPod Video's ass. hahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home